AUGUST 20, 2020 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Celebrate the Power of Preservation at the Charlotte Preservation Awards! These awards celebrate restoration and building projects in the greater Charlotte region that exemplify the best of historic preservation. By shining a light on successful preservation projects that enrich our communities culturally and economically, the awards encourage everyone who calls Charlotte ‘home’ to save our historic built environment.
This year’s Ceremony is going online! Join us Thursday, August 20 at 6:00pm to honor our nominees and reveal this year’s winners. Tickets coming soon.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Do you know of a project that deserves recognition? The nomination process is simple. And yes, you can nominate your own projects!
There are six award categories to which the public can make nominations:
- Preservation (Residential) – Restoration of a historic residential structure; may include a new addition to the historic structure
- Preservation (Commercial) – Restoration of a historic commercial structure
- Neighborhood Infill (Residential) – New residential building that integrates sensitively with its historic environment
- Neighborhood Infill (Commercial) – New commercial building that integrates sensitively with its historic environment
- Excellence in Preservation – A person, group, or project (not covered in the previous categories) that preserves the cultural or built heritage of a neighborhood or community. Acceptable nominees include, but are not limited to: local governments, neighborhood associations, clubs, nonprofit organizations, or individuals.
- NEW CATEGORY Preservation in a Small/Medium Community: Restoration of a historic structure with population less than 100,000 (must be located within Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, or Union Counties).