The Charlotte Preservation Awards
August 20, 2020 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Celebrate the Power of Preservation at the Charlotte Preservation Awards! These awards celebrate restoration and building projects in the greater Charlotte region that exemplify the best of historic preservation. By shining a light on successful preservation projects that enrich our communities culturally and economically, the awards encourage everyone who calls Charlotte ‘home’ to save our historic built environment.
This year’s Ceremony is going online!
Join us Thursday, August 20 at 6:00pm to honor our nominees and reveal this year’s winners. No purchase is required to watch the ceremony.
Party Kits are SOLD OUT. Sponsorships are still available without included Party Kits, please call 704-568-1774 to purchase.
- Free Registration – $0
Watch the livestreamed Ceremony on August 20 at 6:00pm on the Museum’s YouTube channel.
- Party Kit – $65
Bring the party to your home! Kit includes 1 bottle of wine, catered dinner and dessert for two, event program, and two Charlotte Museum of History commemorative shot-glasses, plus other swag.
- Free Registration – $0
- Kit will be available for contactless pick-up at the Museum (3500 Shamrock Dr) on August 20 from 11:30am – 1:00pm.
- Each kit will contain one bottle of white wine chosen to pair perfectly with the dinner selections.
- Dinner Menu: dinner provided by Your Custom Catering & Events
- Mini Beef Wellington
- Homestyle Chicken Salad
- Midwood Style Broccoli Salad
- Handmade French Macarons
- Dinners may need refrigeration but can be reheated.
- Because of coronavirus restrictions around food handling, we unfortunately do not have the options to customize food or wine selection. Those with food allergies or concerns should select another ticket option.
Want to support preservation even more? Become a Preservation Friend Sponsor! Learn more under Sponsorships.
BECOME A SPONSOR
Show your support for preservation by becoming a Sponsor of the Preservation Awards. Thanks to our supporters, last year’s Ceremony was a sold-out event, reaching local architects, Realtors, contractors, historic district residents, and other preservation professionals and enthusiasts. This year’s digital platform means that our reach will go even farther, bringing people together across the globe. As a sponsor, your business will be featured prominently to all of these viewers. At a time when the future is uncertain, you can help us say this place matters. Learn more about Sponsorship Opportunities by downloading our Sponsorship Packet below.
- Title Sponsor – $2,500
Your business will be featured prominently as a lead sponsor on all materials, including social media promotions and during the event. Includes 4 Preservation Party Kits (enough for 8 people).
- Gold Sponsor – $1,000
Your business will be featured in event material, on social media, and during the event. Includes 3 Preservation Party Kits (enough for 6).
- Contributing Sponsor – $500
Your business will be featured during the event, on printed materials, and on event page. Includes 2 Preservation Party Kits (enough for 4).
- Preservation Friend – $165
Your name will be listed in event materials, including the event program. Includes 1 Preservation Party Kit (enough for 2).
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
There are six award categories to which the public can make nominations:
- Preservation (Residential) – Restoration of a historic residential structure; may include a new addition to the historic structure
- Preservation (Commercial) – Restoration of a historic commercial structure
- Neighborhood Infill (Residential) – New residential building that integrates sensitively with its historic environment
- Neighborhood Infill (Commercial) – New commercial building that integrates sensitively with its historic environment
- Excellence in Preservation – A person, group, or project (not covered in the previous categories) that preserves the cultural or built heritage of a neighborhood or community. Acceptable nominees include, but are not limited to: local governments, neighborhood associations, clubs, nonprofit organizations, or individuals.
- NEW CATEGORY Preservation in a Small/Medium Community: Restoration of a historic structure with population less than 100,000 (must be located within Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, or Union Counties).